Defence Forces Press Office
Commandant Denis Hanly
Assistant Press Officers
Captain Laura Keane
Role of the Press Office
The role of the Defence Forces Press Office is to promote mutual understanding between the Defence Forces and the public through proactive engagement with the media.
The Defence Forces Press Office is based in Defence Forces Headquarters, Newbridge, Co. Kildare. It is the hub of a network of Regional Press Offices representing the Army, Air Corps, Naval Service, Reserve and all Overseas Units.
The Press Office is a small team of personnel combining military expertise with professional media and communications qualifications.
What does the Press Office do?
- Provides a Defence Forces enquiry service for the media.
- Issues official Defence Forces comment to the media.
- Drafts and issues Defence Forces News Releases and promotes Defence Forces related stories.
- Explains Defence Forces activity through briefings, interviews, Press Conferences and media facilities hosted at Defence Forces establishments.
- Facilitates interaction between members of the Defence Forces and the media.
- Oversees the Defence Forces online presence.
- Facilitates programme makers in the production of Defence Forces related material
View our Media Hub