The Military Police School
The Military Police School will maintain an operationally effective and varied range of Military Police training course syllabi, which will provide for the Irish Defence Forces operational Military Policing needs. This will be achieved through the provision of well trained professional and competent personnel for both on island and deployed tasks as assigned by the Military Police Provost Marshal.
The MP School vision is “to assist the Provost Marshal in the maintenance of a well trained, motivated, functional and professional Military Police Corps by imparting the necessary knowledge and skills to Irish Military Police personnel. This will in turn provide cost effective Military Police Support to assist in the achievement of the Defence Forces Mission”.
The MP Corps vision forms the basis for the Military Police Schools Strategic Goals, restated hereunder:
- To assist the Military Police Provost Marshal in providing a professional and robust Military Police Corps to the Irish Defence Forces, by maintaining and enhancing Military Police capability through the provision of standardised and high quality Corps training
- To educate, train and exercise Officers/NCOs of the MP Corps both PDF and RDF to develop and maximise individual potential, collective readiness, operational efficiency and effectiveness
- To provide sufficient Military Police Corps personnel with the capabilities to make a significant contribution to multinational peace support crisis management and humanitarian operations
- To progress the modernisation and interoperability both National and International of the Irish Military Police Corps through the acquisition of new competencies in line with the highest professional standards.
In line with the Military Police School strategic vision, Corps specific training courses are conducted for members of the Irish Military Police Corps in order “to assist the Provost Marshal in the maintenance of a well trained, motivated, functional and professional Military Police Corps.
The Military Police School cooperates closely with Government Agencies and Departments involved in all aspects of Crime Detection and Prevention such as:
- The State Pathologist Office
- The Garda Technical Bureau
- The Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation
- The Garda Drugs Unit
- The Forensic Science Laboratory
- Customs and Excise
- The Revenue Commissioners
- The Irish Prison Service
The Military Police School regularly maintains its status as an internationally recognised Centre of Excellence by updating its own Doctrinal Subject Matter and Knowledge through participation in Foreign Military Police Courses and through conducting its own International Military Police Course.