Minimum Educational Qualifications
School Leavers must posses a minimum of Grade C3 in 3 Higher Level papers and Grade D3 in 3 Ordinary/Higher level papers, in a single sitting of the Leaving Certificate Examination. Leaving Certificate Applied does not qualify for this competition.
Each candidate for Army (Line) and Air Corps cadetship must possess a minimum of Grade D3 in the following Ordinary/Higher level subjects:
- Irish (NUI matriculation exemptions apply).
- English. (Candidates whose first language is not English must satisfy the English language requirements in accordance with NUI Matriculations Regulations).
- Third language (accepted for NUI Matriculation Registration purposes. NUI matriculations exemptions apply).
- Any two Matriculation subjects not already selected.
School Leavers: must possess the minimum qualifications to allow them to attend a National University of Ireland. UK and Northern Irish Nationals require the following: GCSE- Pass in at least 6 subjects and 2 GCSE 'A' Levels
Graduates must possess an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent and have attained as a minimum Grade D3 in the following Ordinary/Higher level subjects:
- Irish or English
- Any four Matriculation subjects not already selected.
Candidates who have attained educational qualifications outside of Ireland must possess the national equivalent of the Irish qualifications from the country they graduated from.
Please visit www.nui.ie to check your qualifications.